The Roman Nail
The Roman nail mounted on a wooden display stand was
Kindly donated to Urswick Church by Mr. Gareth Lester of the Urswick United Reformed Church
In 1959 during excavation of the legionary fortress at Inchtuthil near Dunkeld headed by Sir Ian Richmond , archaeologists uncovered a singularly remarkable haul of a single kind of artefact.
Located in a 12 foot deep pit below the beaten earth floor of the workshop -
For further details please click on the link The Inchtuthil Nail Hoard